There are some pretty awesome movies releasing this summer. Everything from superheroes to animation to comedy. I have compiled the Top 5 that I am looking forward to throughout June-August. Check out my list below to see if any of your Top 5 made my list! (Ranked in order of release date)
- Now You See Me 2 (June 10th)- I will admit that I when I originally heard that this sequel was coming out, my initial thought was ‘Oh cool, I’ll check that out when it gets to DVD.’ But then the trailer was released and they just screwed that all up for me. Daniel Radcliffe is in it. Which means I must not only see it in theaters but I also MUST be excited for it. One must never ignore Harry Potter…no matter what. But even beyond Dan (yeah, we are on a first name basis) playing a villainous character, there is bound to be some really awesome magic tricks that will cause me to revert to my 8 year old self watching Las Vegas magic shows on TV while totally convinced it was all real. And I look forward to that. Don’t judge.
- Central Intelligence (June 17th)- I LOVE Kevin Hart. I don’t care what any of the haters say!! I will watch this movie and I will laugh my little booty off. And then I will stare in amazement at Dwayne Johnson’s arms. Literally. These are the two things I will alternate doing while watching this movie. Laughing hysterically and staring in amazement. The catch phrase is “Saving the world takes a little Hart…and a big Johnson.” I just can’t. I must go see this movie.
- Finding Dory (June 17th)- I am probably more excited about this movie than an adult really should admit. But I cant help it! It has been so long since Finding Nemo and I just adore Dory. The best part is that this time around I get to take my daughter to go see the movie. I cannot wait to see her little face light up when it starts. She loves the original and is already talking about going to see this. Is there anything more precious than that? Maybe that has a lot to do with my level of excitement. I also really appreciate how hard Ellen DeGeneres fought to have this movie made. I am a pretty avid watcher of her show and saw the countless pleas she made to Pixar to get this project started. Eek! So happy!
- Ghostbusters (July 15th)- Girl power! I am all about an all-female cast kicking ass and taking names. Bonus points if they are funny while they do it. And double bonus points if its in a film that had an all-male original cast. And triple bonus points if the movie comes out on my birthday. Luckily, this new all-female Ghostbusters delivers on all of these things. There may be some haters for this film already, but in the words of T. Swift, “Haters gonna hate, hate, hate.” All of the women starring in the film are hilarious and in true feminist girl power, they even give us Chris Hemsworth for some eye candy. Honestly, I don’t see what you can hate about this. Sounds like a good time to me.
- Suicide Squad (August 5th)- So if you read my post about why I joined the realm of superhero movies, then you know that so far I have really only focused on the Marvel Universe. DC Comics have fallen by the wayside. Not to mention that a few of the ones released recently have had pretty negative reviews, and I didn’t want those to ruin the entire DC world for me. But I really hope all of that will change this summer. Enter Suicide Squad. I have decided to let this be the movie that breaks me into DC. I know they have done some re-shoots and I really hope all of this hype pays off. I NEED this movie to be amazing so it lives up to the standard Marvel has set. Fingers crossed!
So I know I said this is my Top 5 Summer Movie Picks, but I cannot let this list end without giving an honorable mention to another movie I am so psyched to see. That movie would be Bad Moms (July 29th). I freaking love this trailer. It has Kristen Bell in it, which means I am more than likely totally on board. Duh. But it also has Mila Kunis and Kathryn Hahn, whom are both pretty funny. Not to mention this movie might mirror my life in many ways. Please believe that I and my mommy group will be there on opening night for this one. Yeah, I gotta mommy group..WHAT?!?
Did any of your top movies make it onto my list? Which ones do you agree with and which ones are you rolling your eyes at?? Let me know in the comments!