By Jen P
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice premiers on the 25th, so in case you missed any of it, I’ve compiled the most recent news stories surrounding the franchise. Spoilers ahead, so avoid the red to spare your innocent mind!
Dawn of Justice News:
- *Spoilers* In recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Ben Affleck told reporters that part of what makes the Bat such a dark character is that his faithful sidekick, Robin, is dead.
- “Darkness… No Parents…”
- Justice league cameos will include Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, and Darkseid. Green Lantern, however, will probably not be seen in this film, I’m assuming this is because DC is still doing damage control after the 2011 film tragically flopped.
- Wonderwoman will get her own film, but so will Aquaman and Flash. Also, there will be a movie about Green Lantern Corp. after Justice League part 2.
- Justice League screenwriter, Chris Terrio, says that the Justice League films will be lighter fare than Batman vs. Superman. Read more on that here.
- And just in case you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the most recent trailer:
In Real Life:
- Apparently, Henry Cavill (32) is pretty protective of his 19-year-old girlfriend, Tara King, stating:
“I’ve heard some things in my time, I have to say. I’d best not say what… I don’t mind it — not unless I’m with my girlfriend and someone is being complimentary to me in order to disrespect her… I mean, if a girl shouts something like, ‘Oi, love, fancy a shag?’ to me as I walk past, I do sometimes wonder how she’d feel if a builder said that to her. Although, of course, I wouldn’t feel physically threatened, as she might.”
- And on a sweet note, Ben Affleck decided to play Batman for his 4-year-old son, Samuel.
In an interview with the New York Times, Affleck Stated, “He knows that I am Batman. It’s a mixed blessing. He also thinks that for some reason—I don’t know if it’s the color combination or whatever—that the FedEx guy is the Joker.’
“Whenever there’s a FedEx delivery, he’s like, ‘Dad, the Joker’s outside.’ The burden’s on me to go out there and give the guy an extra 20 bucks to pantomime a whole Adam West kung fu battle.”
Isn’t that the cutest thing ever?
CW News: The Flash/Supergirl Crossover Episode
- The Episode is set to air on Monday, March 28th, at 8PM Eastern. Apparently Barry shows up from an alternate universe to help Supergirl battle Silver Banshee and Livewire. They’ll even have a footrace! While you wait for the episode to air, check out this adorable pic of Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist on set, courtesy of Grant Gustin’s personal instagram page, @GrantGust:
- Finally! DC Super Hero Girls is a total win for the ladies. When I first saw the toys at Target the other day, I couldn’t help but feel like history was being made. For the first time, young girls have options outside of princesses and pink-clad girly dolls. Now, they can play with heroes and villains just like boys can, and these heroes have style. Check out the Super Hero High cartoon when it airs March 19th, on Boomerang.
- Justice League Action has added the voice talents of Star Trek’s Brent Spiner (Data) as the Riddler. I’m a fan of both the actor and all things DC, but this news comes after fans assumed he’d be playing the Joker. Apparently, the change occured when Mark Hamill decided to sign on to be the villainous clown, so that left Spiner to play the Riddler. Personally, I like the Riddler better anyway. Justice League Action is set to air on Cartoon Network sometime this fall.
Are you excited for all the new DC developments, or are they trying too hard to battle the Marvel juggernaut? Let us know in the comments.