We all make resolutions and we all fail to stick to them…and by “all,” I mean all of us, literally. Don’t deny it. You know it always sounds good in the beginning and then by about week 3 you start wondering what was so great about that resolution to begin with. And then you try to make a stance against resolutions with the whole “I don’t need a New Year to be better. I can do that anytime I want. Blah Blah Blah.” We all know that’s really code for “F**k losing weight! It’s winter time. I need these extra 15lbs for body warmth!”
So here is my public declaration of my geeky New Year’s Resolutions. And feel free to find me next month and call me out on the ones I don’t follow through with! Every thing on my list is a new release coming in 2016, so it’s my mission to check the following out and see if introducing myself to some new series is really worth the effort. Hopefully, I’ll find my next favorite among the ones listed below. Check out what I am looking forward to in 2016!
1. Captain America: Civil War (May 6th)- What can I say? Once I jumped on the Marvel bandwagon, it was over with. Now I am just as anxiously awaiting the newest release as every other Chris Evans—I mean, Captain America, fan out there!
2. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Nov. 18th)- I have no need to put a reason as to why I am beyond excited about this movie. I mean, do you even know me?? All hail J.K.!
3. Suicide Squad ( Aug. 5th)-To be honest, I don’t know a ton about the backstory of this film. But I have got to say that all of the crazy stuff I am seeing from costumes to still shots and more have me excited for it. Not to mention the awesome cast. I have got to do some research here!
4. The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead (Apr. 5th)- I love Richelle Mead’s work! So I am really excited to see that a new series is coming out from one of my faves. Mead does pretty amazing with tormented romances so I can only imagine how quickly one set in a new fantasy world will sweep me away!
5. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (Jan. 5th)- I love that this new series seems pretty original. The main character is a violinist that gets transported to a mythical world. And I also am really interested in reading about all of the different adventures the leads have in different areas of the world.
*Sidenote* While looking at several new release books, I can tell that this year is going to be all about time traveling and historical fiction! Get ready for it!
6. The Dark Days Club by Allison Goodman (Jan. 26th)- I love to read historical fiction. Especially when there is something sinister going on, which is the premise for this new series. The summary sounds pretty awesome, and I look forward to delving into some 18th century drama!
7. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow on the CW (Jan. 21st)_- I’ll be straight up, I just want to jump in on the superhero TV phenomenon. And the fact that this is a new one premiering this year gives me the perfect in! But that also means it better deliver or I’ll be turned off of them FOREVER!!!!!! 🙂
8. Shades of Blue on NBC (Jan. 7th)- It has J.Lo. It’s crime drama. What else do I need to say? It will be added in to my regular rotation of shows that will make me terrified to leave my house because I am convinced everyone is a serial killer. I. CAN’T. WAIT.
9. Shadowhunters on Freeform (aka ABC Family) (Jan. 12th)- After reading this book series and not loving it and seeing a botched movie attempt, for some reason I am still willing to give this series a go. Honestly, I don’t know why. Sometimes I am just a glutton for punishment. Fingers crossed you won’t see an angry post at how much time I wasted in the very near future.
10. American Idol on Fox (Jan. 6th)- Tear. I am actually pretty sad that this is the farewell season..even though I have been a spotty fan, at best, in recent years. It just hurts my heart a little bit to know I won’t see Ryan Seacrest’s face on a regular basis anymore. But mainly, I am just interested in seeing all of the people that come back for the last season. Simon and Paula better be there!!!
What do you think? Do I have some good resolutions? What are your geeky resolutions this year?