By Jen P
New year, new me.
Yeah right. I’ll be lucky to shed a single pound in 2016 and I’m damn sure not gonna stop cursing, so here’s a list of resolutions I might be able to stick to. Most of them can be done in my pajamas. Lookie there, I’m already on the right track!
1. I resolve to finish at least one video game this year and write about it here. It’s been waaaay too long. I envy those of you with time to devote to gaming. Those were my glory days!
2. I resolve to finish reading The All Souls Trilogy, though at a whopping 561 pages, The Book of Life is a beast.
3. I resolve to catch up on Supernatural, Arrow, and Vampire Diaries in my DVR. I miss you, Dean, Olly, and Damon!!!!
4. I resolve to sit through TMNT Out of the Shadows, but only because Michael Bay has taken a backseat this time. Also, my boy, Stephen Amell (aka Oliver Queen) plays Casey Jones. And F*** you, Michael Bay for ruining the first one. Read more on how much I hate him here.
5. I resolve to cosplay… hard… at both Pensacon and Dragon Con. I’m bringing my A-game this year.
6. Speaking of Cons, I will acquire Stephen Amell’s autograph if I don’t faint at “Hello”.
You can buy this badass pen here. You know, for autographs and s***.
7. I resolve to watch Allegiant, if only for Theo James. I’ve heard the book is crap.
8. I resolve to rewatch Harry Potter in its entirety before Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them comes out. But it requires me either borrowing or rebuying the first movie because my DVD is scratched to unwatchable hell.
9. If it ever airs, I will watch Second Chance, though it’s changed names twice now. First from The Frankenstein Code, then Looking Glass. Get your crap together, people! What’s going on with this TV show? It doesn’t bode well for ratings if I don’t know what it’ll be called when it arrives.
10. And finally, I’ll be watching Shadowhunters on Freeform, because torturing myself through the movie wasn’t enough punishment. Actually, I think this show has potential. At least Jace doesn’t look as creepy and gross as he did in the movie. (For those of you wondering, I’m referring to the atrocious film, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. If you’re looking for a good read, the books are worth it. Please don’t watch the movie. It’s an insult to the readers.)
What do you think of my resolutions? Think I can handle them all? Have some fun ones of your own? Let me know in the comments!