Sister Geeks has been nominated for our second Liebster Award by the incredibly talented and wonderfully geeky duo over at HusbandandHusband.net. Head on over to their site to see fantastic artwork, hysterical original comics, incredible reviews and all kinds of other terrific content. Thanks so much, Jonathan and Aaron, for becoming part of our community and letting us be part of yours. It’s a joy to geek out with you!
How This Works:
1. Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate other blogs to receive the award.
5. Write 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
Here we go!
Our answers to questions from Jonathan and Aaron:
1. Where is your happiest place in the world?
Jen P: A beach, lounging with an unlimited supply of mango mojitos.
2. What is your favorite childhood toy?
Jen P: Bun Bun–a disgusting gray rabbit that was white at one point but I can’t remember when.
3. What was the name of your first kiss?
Jen P: My first kiss was some rando on a cruise. Maybe his name was Stephen??
4. What Harry Potter character would you most likely be?
Jen P: I’m like a flirty, wino version of Hermione.
5. What Disney film best describes you?
Dani: The Little Mermaid. I’m all about some forbidden love.
6. If you were a superhero, who would you be?
Dani: Wonder Woman. If you’re gonna be a female superhero, why not be the queen of them all?
7. What is your all-time favorite book?
Dani: Harry Potter. No explanation needed.
8. What is your favorite magical being?
Dani: Witches and wizards for sure because in my head, I might possibly… kinda… sorta… be one. 🙂
9. What is your favorite quote?
T. Mack: “Well, when the path is steep and stony and the night is all around
And the way that you must take is far away
When your heart is lost and lonely and the map cannot be found
Here’s a simple little spell that you can say:
You’ve got to face facts, act fast on your own
Preparation, perspiration, dynamite determination
Pack snacks, make tracks all alone
Don’t be cute. Time to scoot. Head out to your destination.
Chase the future, face the great unknown.”
~Gobo Fraggle, Fraggle Rock
10. Do you have any regrets? What is your biggest one?
T. Mack: Yes. I didn’t do homework–any homework, ever–during 6th-12th grade. As a result, I got C’s instead of A’s. Opportunities were lost.
11. Name your favorite character of all time.
T. Mack: King Arthur. He’s such a rich and intriguing character… in literature, movies, TV and as a real-life legend. I just love him!
Our nominees for the Liebster Award:
And our questions for the nominees:
1. What’s your favorite movie?
2. What’s the best book you’ve read recently and what is one reason you liked it?
3. Was Hamlet crazy or faking it?
4. Name one villain (in any medium) that you’ve rooted for and tell us why you did.
5. How do you take your coffee?
6. Star Wars or Star Trek?
7. Cats or dogs?
8. Who is your idol?
9. What’s your stance on New Year’s resolutions?
10. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
11. What three words describe you best?