PC Gamers know Steam as the place to go for the best deals on games. Now the Steam Summer Sale 2015 is here and there are so many reasons to rejoice.
1. Getting hyped on the first day
Your bank account shudders, but the memes are fueling your excitement for sweet, sweet deals on all the games you’ve wanted for the past year.
2. Gifting your friends half of their wishlist for less than $5
Really, Daniel? You wanted Sparkle 2 but couldn’t spare the 74 cents?
3. Getting newly excited every morning to see what the daily deals are
And then immediately realizing you’re about to buy half of them when you haven’t even finished the games you bought from the winter sale
4. Having a legitimate excuse to stay inside
When everyone else is outside sweating like crazy and “enjoying their summer”, you can relish your dozens of new games in the precious A/C
5. Playing the in-Steam game for bonus content
GIVE ME TREATS, MONSTER! I NEED POINTLESS BADGES!
6. Buying “joke” games that you would “never normally play”
But secretly you wanted them all year and now you’re addicted. You have to set your status to “offline” the rest of the week because you’re embarrassed that your friends might see you playing If My Heart Had Wings and Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle.
7. Adding tons of games to your wishlist in hopes that someone will buy them for you
Bonus points if you do this with games you’re on the fence about so that you won’t feel like you wasted money when they sit in your library for another year.
8. Logging in to see what new stuff your friends are playing
Really, William? You just bought Skyrim? It’s 2015, let’s get with the program.
9. Finally getting to co-op with your friends on that game you’ve been begging them to play all year
And looking like a superstar while they and all the other new-purchasers are still learning the ropes
10. Waiting until the last day of the sale to buy that big title
Praying that it’ll be the day that it goes 75% off
What are the reasons you love the Summer Sale? Let us know in the comments below.